Tuesday, May 27, 2014

How to have a nice face

After my last post, I developed a little bit of writers' block.  I haven't really made any cool food lately, except for some really tasty salads.  I made one with chickpeas, seitan, grilled zucchini, tofu "feta" and red bell peppers that was phenomenal.  But other than that, I was at a loss.

This blog is kind of all over the place in terms of content, so the possibilities are endless.  I recently really hit my stride in terms of my skin care regimen.  Right now I am proud to say that my skin is pretty great.  So I'm going to share with you how it came to be!

How I look so goooood
From left to right:
-Clarisonic brush - A few years ago, my dad handed me a wad of cash to spend while I was at college "sparingly" so that I stopped charging things on my credit card.  What did I do immediately after getting off the plane?  I went to Sephora and bought the Clarisonic brush.  Honestly, it was worth it because this facial brush is a better investment than the ten items I would have purchased at Whole Foods for that same amount.  I know it says to use the Clarisonic twice a day, but I probably only use it about three times a week.  I have the Mia2 with the deep pore cleansing brush head.  Read more about it HERE.

-Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel - I never thought that I needed a toner.  Honestly, I don't even know what a toner is.  I have no clue.  I don't even know what a toner is supposed to do.  Tone your skin?  Who knows.  But I will tell you what this witch hazel does to my skin.  It makes my skin feel refreshed, clean and I'm like 98% sure that my pores are smaller.  In the morning when I wake up I put some on a cotton pad and before I go to bed I do the same thing. Love it.  Also it smells fabulous.

-Coconut Oil - Everyone is pushing coconut oil these days.  I use it for cooking on occasion, but as of right now I've been using it to take off my makeup.  I clicked on THIS pin on Pinterest, threw away my Almay pads and have been doing it ever since.  You just put some oil on your eyes, rub off all of your makeup and wipe it off with a cotton pad.  I'm not going to lie, if I venture outside of the eye area, I break out occasionally, but that brings me to my next item....

-GlamGlow Supermud Clearing Treatment  - I do not remember where I learned about this mask sent from the heavens above, but I am thankful that I did.  This stuff is ridonkulous. I don't have bad enough skin to use an acne face wash or anything, but if I notice that my skin is looking a little off, I use this mask and everything is right in the world again.  Not only that, but my skin just looks better in general.  Even skin tone, smaller pores, etc etc.  Also it does this weird thing where it shows all of the stuff that it is taking out of your pores.  It's pretty gross but I def enjoy it.  It is VERY price ($69) but it's worth it.  I swear! It can also be used as a spot treatment. 

why am I so cute?
-Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator - I have saved the best for last.  This honestly the best skincare item that I have ever experienced and probably will ever experience.  It's an exfoliator.  You're only supposed to use it a few times a week.  I use it about every two days and you let it sit for a little bit because there are papaya enzymes in it.  The little micro beads don't irritate your skin at all.  There's also aloe in it.  Imm so excited about this stuff that I don't even know what to say about it.  I got it in my Birchbox like a year ago and since then I have been hooked.  I thought I lost it one time, so I bought a new bottle and then I found the old one, and it was basically Christmas.  This stuff is also pricey ($34) but it is SO SO SO SOOOO worth it.  You use less than a pea-sized amount every time you use it and the tube is fairly big.  I highly recommend this to everyone ever.  Get it HERE

Here are some other tips to have the best skin you can have.
1) Drink more water.  I have witnessed a direct correlation between the amount of water that I drink, and the condition of my skin.

2) Take a multivitamin.  There is tons of literature about whether they are good for you or not, but I really think that my hair, skin and nails are improved by taking the multivitamin.

3) Don't pick.  I know it's hard, but don't pick at your pimples.  Find something to distract you!!

Here's my fave one
There you have it! The best skincare products, in my opinion.  I left out my moisturizer, which is the Kate Somerville oil free moisturizer.  My next blog post is going to be about the raw food challenge that my friend Tasha and I are doing.  It's through THIS link and it starts on June 1st.  I'm super excited to try it!

I started a raw food board on Pinterest, you can check it out HERE.  Everything looks so good!

In other news, I recently started painting again, and I did this one in about two hours for Peter, because he likes lions.  I think it's pretty good for a two year hiatus!

ciao ciao! - Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs