Monday, September 8, 2014

My Makeup Routine

Peter's gone and I am super depressed.  It's only going to be a little more than two weeks away from each other, but it's still sad and I do not like it.  A lot of my friends are military wives so I know that two weeks is basically nothing but I'm still allowed to be sad.

So far I've distracted myself by 1) packing, 2) watching the entire series of The Tudors, 3) planning for my upcoming move and last but not least, 4) perfecting my makeup routine.

I have a LOT of makeup.  Not only is is my makeup numerous, it is also expensive.  I don't even want to think about how much my makeup costs all together.  While I consider myself more of a product junkie, I do like my makeup and I tend to purchase stuff that is widely known and liked instead of trying something new.  However, I have found a few of my favorite makeup items in my Birchbox or Ipsy bag.  If you're interested in getting a Birchbox, it's basically a box of makeup and skincare samples (and sometimes full-size products) that are delivered to your door each month for $10.  A lot of people complain if they receive a tea sample or a candle, but I love getting that kind of stuff in my box.  It's your birthday every month.


So now I'm going to list my main make up faves from the top left and then down.

1) Marcelle New Age 8 in 1 Power Serum.  I got a sample of this in my Birchbox and I LOVED it because it made my face feel moisturized and smooth but it also reminded me of my Smashbox primers, so I bought the full size.  Learn more about it HERE.  Do I know what the eight things it does are?  No I don't, but I love this stuff and the fact that it's anti-aging makes me feel like I'm being proactive.
Eeeee no makeup! Don't look at me.  Just kidding.
2) Bare Minerals Bare Skin Pure Brightening Serum - I bought this at the recommendation of a friend .  It is so lightweight and it has really improved my skin tone.  The only qualm I have with it is that I feel like it makes my skin look dry/flaky if I don't use a primer or moisturizer immediately before.  Other than that I love this.  I don't have the brush that you are supposed to use with it, but i usually just use my fingers or a kabuki brush.  Also it comes in twenty different colors, so it'll be easy to find one that fits your skin.  I use Bare Shell and so does my sister.  I'm really proud it's only the second palest one.  Learn more about it HERE. I didn't splurge and get the brush and I'm glad I didn't because I got one at the Italian mall for 12 euro.
After using 1 and 2
3) Lancome Effacernes Longue Tenue concealer - This is literally the best concealer that I have ever used in my life.  I have deep set eyes which makes me look like I have bags under my eyes even when I'm VERY well rested.  This stuff is amazing.  You only need a teeny tiny amount.  I make a triangle from the inner corner of my eyes, to around my nostril to the outer corner of my eye.  Sometimes I mix a litter bit of highlighter in it, like Benefit's moon beam.  This concealer has the best coverage OF ALL TIME.  Learn more about it HERE.
4)   MakeUp Forever Professional Sculpting Kit - I bought this kit because I had been using half assed products to try and contour my face and decided to take the splurge.  It's amazing and I love it.  The only thing is that I feel like the lighter shade isn't enough to highlight my face because my face is so pale.  I use the MAC 190 Foundation Brush to apply it because it gives me clean lines and then I blend with my fingers.  Read more about it here.
Before blending in #4
5) Benefit Watts Up highlighter - Just a high lighter that I like.  It's easy to use because it's a stick.  I use it on my forehead, under my eyes and under my lips.  It is super easy to use, but it's super pricy-- $30.  I feel like I could find something that works comparably that isn't also a million dollars.  Check it out on Sephora here.
6) Pro Beauty Blender - This is THE BEST.  When I was using liquid foundation that wasn't the Bare Minerals one, this was the best thing that ever happened to me.  It makes your foundation look like your skin is actually that color.  I need to buy the cleaner for it, because both of mine are filthy.  There are a few different types now.  I wouldn't mind trying the "royal" one. Check it out here. 
7) NARS Orgasm Blush - I'm a huge fan of this blush.  I'm not sure if I can vouch for spending a large amount on blush, but this one is higher quality than Covergirl or Revlon and other drugstore brands.  It's more 3D because it has golden flecks in it and it s rosy color that I'm pretty sure is flattering on everyone.  The NARS blush comes in 28 colors so you can find one if you don't like this one.  You can see them all on Sephora here.
8) MakeUp Forever HD Pressed Powder - I got a sample of this in one of my packages from Sephora and I loved it.  I used to use Bareminerals Illuminating mineral veil and I liked this one better because I felt like it set my makeup better and gave kind of a blurring/matte effect that was much more flattering.  I read the reviews on Sephora here and basically what everyone is saying is that it's better for lighter skin tones because it might wash some people out because it's a lighter color.
Blended #4 w/eyebrows, blush and highlighter done
9) Urban Decay Eye Shadow Primer Potion in Sin - You can't have a good eye shadow experience without primer.  Sorry, it's just not possible.  I especially like the color of this one.  You can even wear it without eye shadow because it's a very flattering color. Especially with my blue eyes.
10) Benefit They're Real Mascara - This is the best thing that has ever happened to me.  Whenever I recommend mascara to someone, I recommend this one, and most of the time people say, "Omg you spend that much on mascara?"  Honestly guys, there is a reason that this mascara is $20.  Because it's amazing.  It doesn't smudge or flake, it lengthens and separates.  You can't spend $3 on a tube of mascara and expect to look like a million bucks.  I like to get mine at Birchbox here because Birchbox has a really nice point system.
11) Eyeko Liquid Liner - This is a good liner.  I've used a lot that are similar but this one I like because it's not too expensive and it never smudges and it's really easy to draw a cat-eye with it.  I recommend it
Eyeshadow (Naked3 palette), eyeliner and mascara done.
I'd give you the down low on my brow routine, but I already did a post about that and it hasn't changed much since then.  If it's not broken don't fix it.

I hope that you enjoy this post and don't make fun of all of my selfies, but you are fully entitled to do so because I would do the same thing.

My friend of eight years, Mandy Sullivan is visiting Naples so I think we're going to go downtown on Wednesday, which should be fun and I'm looking forward to that.  As a military brat, it's rare to find a friend from that far back and lucky for me, I have a few!

So look for a new post before I move to the states on September 16!
Ciao ciao!
Katelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs